EX4100-F Ethernet Switch
Designed for branch deployments, the EX4100-F Ethernet Switches delivers a high-performance, cost-effective solution. With a -12 port fan-less compact, -24 port and -48 port in 1U, the EX4100-F is AI-driven, cloud-ready access switching platform. It’s differentiated by features such as EVPN-VXLAN, micro-segmentation using group-based policies (GBP), Power over Ethernet (PoE+) and flow-based telemetry.
Additionally, EX4100-F-12P (compact and fan-less) can be powered by an external Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) as well as provide Power over Ethernet out to connected Powered Devices (PDs).
As part of the underlying infrastructure for Juniper Mist™ Wired Assurance, the EX4100-F is easy to onboard, configure, and manage. The Juniper Mist Cloud streamlines deploying and managing your campus fabric, while Mist AI™ simplifies operations and improves visibility into the performance of connected devices.
EX4100-F-12P/T: 12 x 1GbE PoE/Non-PoE, 2 x 100M/1/2.5/5/10 GbE uplinks, and 4 x 10GbE stacking/uplinks
EX4100-F-24P/T: 24 x 1GbE PoE/Non-PoE, 4 x 1/10GbE uplinks, and 4 x 10GbE stacking/uplinks
EX4100-F-48P/T: 48 x 1GbE PoE/Non-PoE, 4 x 1/10GbE uplinks, and 4 x 10GbE stacking/uplinks
Features + Benefits
Onboard (day 0), provision (day 1), and manage (day 2+) the EX4100-F from the cloud with Juniper Mist Wired Assurance, using AI-driven automation and insights to deliver improved experiences for IT staff, end users, and connected devices.
Streamline IT operations, reduce mean time to repair, and deliver a new generation of wired and wireless networks. The EX4100-F provides rich streaming telemetry data for insights into switch health and wired service-level expectations (SLEs) for pre- and post-connection metrics.
End-to-End Campus Fabrics
Scale with ease, build resiliency, and streamline management with Virtual Chassis and EVPN-VXLAN-based campus fabrics, which help to simplify configuring and maintaining multiple devices.
Standards-based microsegmentation using group-based policies (GBP) leverages underlying VXLAN technology to provide agnostic endpoint access control for consistent security policies and granular control of application, business function, or user tags.
Enables per-flow level analytics, so you can monitor thousands of traffic flows per switch without impacting the CPU.
PoE, PoE+, and Fast and Perpetual PoE
The EX4100-F offers fast and perpetual PoE that enables consistent power to be provided to the endpoints, even when the switch is rebooting. The switch also support a fast PoE capability that delivers PoE power to connected endpoints during a switch power-up, even before the switch is fully operational.
Precision Time Protocol Clock Built In (PTP)
EX4100-F switches support Precision Time Protocol (PTP), also known as IEEE 1588v2.
The Juniper Networks® EX4100-F line of Switches offers a secure, cloud-ready portfolio of access switches ideal for enterprise branch, remote office, and enterprise campus networks. The EX4100-F switches combine the simplicity of the cloud, the power of Mist AI™, and a robust hardware foundation with high performance to deliver a differentiated approach to access switching in the cloud, mobile, and IoT era. With Juniper® Mist™ Wired Assurance, the EX4100-F line of Switches can be effortlessly onboarded, configured, and managed from the cloud. This simplifies operations, improves visibility, and ensures a much better experience for connected devices.
Key features of the EX4100-F include:
- Cloud-ready, driven by Mist AI with Juniper Mist Wired Assurance and Marvis Virtual Network Assistant
- Ethernet VPN–Virtual Extensible LAN (EVPN-VXLAN) to the access layer
- Standards-based microsegmentation using group-based policies (GBPs)
- Flow-based telemetry to monitor traffic flows for anomaly detection, ability to measure packet delays and report drop reasons
- 10-member Virtual Chassis support
Offering a full suite of Layer 2 and Layer 3 capabilities, the EX4100-F enables multiple deployments. As scaling requirements increase, Juniper’s Virtual Chassis technology allows up to 10 EX4100-F switches to be seamlessly interconnected and managed as a single device, delivering a scalable, pay-as-you-grow solution for expanding network environments.
The EX4100-F line consists of the following models:
- The EX4100-F-12T, which is a compact, fanless switch offering 12 x 1GbE non-PoE access ports.
- The EX4100-F-12P, which is a compact, fanless switch offering 12 x 1GbE Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) access ports and delivering up to 30 W per port with a total of 180 W of PoE power budget with an external power adapter. EX4100-F-12P can also be powered from an external 90 W power sourcing equipment (PSE) device connected via the uplink port. Additional 90 W of PoE budget is available if the second uplink port is connected to a PSE device. With external power adapter and the two uplink ports connected to 90 W external PSE, total PoE power budget supported is up to 300 W.
- The EX4100-F-24T, which offers 24 x 1GbE non-PoE access ports.
- The EX4100-F-24P, which offers 24 x 1GbE PoE+ access ports, delivering up to 30 W per port with an overall total 370 W of PoE power budget.
- The EX4100-F-48T, which offers 48 x 1GbE non-PoE access ports.
- The EX4100-F-48P, which offers 48 x 1GbE PoE+ access ports and delivers up to 30 W per port with an overall total PoE Power budget of 740 W.
Each EX4100-F -24 port and -48 port model offers a fixed power supply and 4 x 1GbE/10GbE small form-factor pluggable plus transceiver (SFP+ transceiver) fixed uplink ports. Each EX4100-F-12 port model offers 2 x 10GbE fixed copper uplink ports. The EX4100-F switches include 4 x 1GbE/10GbE SFP+ ports to support Virtual Chassis connections, which can be reconfigured for use as Ethernet ports for uplink connectivity. EX4100-F switch models offer standards-based 802.3af/at (PoE/PoE+) for delivering up to 30 watts on any access port. The EX4100-F switches can be configured to deliver Fast PoE capability and Perpetual PoE capability.
Access Port Configuration
PoE/PoE+ Ports 0
PoE Power Budget N/A
10GbE Ports (Uplinks) 2
10GbE Ports (Stacking/Uplinks) 4
find us at: