Crafted for high-performance campus and branch deployments, the Juniper Networks EX4100 Multigigabit Ethernet Switch is an AI-driven, cloud-ready access switching platform. The switch offers Multigigabit speeds of 100M/1/2.5/5/10GbE and PoE++ capability for Wi-Fi 6E access points. It’s differentiated by features such as EVPN-VXLAN, micro segmentation using group-based policies (GBP), MACsec AES-256, Power over Ethernet (PoE++), Precision Timing Protocol – Transparent Clock, and flow-based telemetry.
As part of the underlying infrastructure for Juniper Mist™ Wired Assurance, the EX4100 Multigigabit Ethernet Switch is easy to onboard, configure, and manage. The Juniper Mist Cloud streamlines deploying and managing your campus fabric, while Mist AI™ simplifies operations and improves visibility into the performance of connected devices.
EX4100 Multigigabit models:
EX4100-48MP: 16 x 100M/1/2.5GbE + 32 x 1GbE, 4 x 1/10GbE uplinks, and 4 x 10/25GbE stacking/uplinks
EX4100-24MP: 8 x 100M/1/2.5/5/10GbE + 16 x 1GbE, 4 x 1/10GbE uplinks, and 4 x 10/25GbE stacking/uplinks
Features + Benefits
Onboard (day 0), provision (day 1), and manage (day 2+) the EX4100 Multigigabit Ethernet Switch from the cloud with Juniper Mist Wired Assurance, using AI-driven automation and insights to deliver improved experiences for IT staff, end users, and connected devices.
Streamline IT operations, reduce mean time to repair, and deliver a new generation of wired and wireless networks. The EX4100 Multigigabit Ethernet Switch provides rich streaming telemetry data for insights into switch health and wired service-level expectations (SLEs) for pre- and post-connection metrics.
End-to-End Campus Fabrics
Scale with ease, build resiliency, and streamline management with Virtual Chassis and EVPN-VXLAN-based campus fabrics, which help to simplify configuring and maintaining multiple devices.
Standards-based microsegmentation using group-based policies (GBP) leverages underlying VXLAN technology to provide agnostic endpoint access control for consistent security policies and granular control of application, business function, or user tags.
Enables per-flow level analytics, so you can monitor thousands of traffic flows per switch without impacting the CPU.
PoE, PoE+, PoE++, Fast and Perpetual PoE
The EX4100 Multigigabit Ethernet Switch offers fast and perpetual PoE that enables consistent power to be provided to the endpoints, even when the switch is rebooting. The switch also support a fast PoE capability that delivers PoE power to connected endpoints during a switch power-up, even before the switch is fully operational.
Encrypted Network Traffic with MACSec Support
The EX4100 Multigigabit Ethernet Switch supports IEEE 802.1ae MACsec 256, providing support for link-layer data confidentiality, data integrity, and data origin authentication. MACsec AES256 increases point-to-point security to protect customer traffic from unauthorized access, making your network more secure.
Precision Time Protocol Clock Built In (PTP)
EX4100 switches support Precision Time Protocol (PTP), also known as IEEE 1588v2.
The Juniper Networks® EX4100 line of Ethernet Switches offers a secure, cloud-ready portfolio of access switches ideal for enterprise branch, campus, and data center networks. The EX4100 switches combine the simplicity of the cloud, the power of Mist AI™, and a robust hardware foundation with best-in-class security and performance to deliver a differentiated approach to access switching in the cloud, mobile, and IoT era. With Juniper® Mist™ Wired Assurance, the EX4100 line of Switches can be effortlessly onboarded, configured, and managed from the cloud. This simplifies operations, improves visibility, and ensures a much better experience for connected devices.
Key features of the EX4100 include:
- Cloud-ready, driven by Mist AI with Juniper Mist Wired Assurance and Marvis Virtual Network Assistant
- Ethernet VPN–Virtual Extensible LAN (EVPN-VXLAN) to the access layer
- Standards-based microsegmentation using group-based policies (GBPs)
- Switch-to-switch encryption using Media Access Control Security (MACsec) AES256
- IEEE 802.3bz Multigigabit
- IEEE 802.3bt Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE++)
- Flow-based telemetry to monitor traffic flows for anomaly detection, ability to measure packet delays and report drop reasons
- Precision Timing Protocol–Transparent Clock
- 10-member Virtual Chassis support
Offering a full suite of Layer 2 and Layer 3 capabilities, the EX4100 enables multiple deployments, including campus, branch, and data center top-of-rack deployments. As scale requirements increase, Juniper’s Virtual Chassis technology allows up to 10 EX4100 switches to be seamlessly interconnected and managed as a single device, delivering a scalable, pay-as-you-grow solution for expanding network environments.
The EX4100 family of Ethernet switches consists of the following models:
- The EX4100-48MP, which offers 16 x 100 MB/1GbE/2.5GbE and 32 x 10 MB/100 MB/1GbE Power over Ethernet (PoE++) access ports, delivering up to 90 W per PoE port with an overall total 1620 W of PoE power budget (using two power supplies)
- The EX4100-24MP, which offers 8 x 100 MB/1GbE/2.5GbE/5GbE/10GbE and 16 x 10 MB/100 MB/1GbE PoE++ access ports, delivering up to 90 W per port with an overall total 1620 W of PoE power budget (using two power supplies)
- The EX4100-24T, which offers 24 x 1GbE non-PoE access ports
- The EX4100-24P, which offers 24 x 1GbE PoE+ access ports, delivering up to 30 W per port with an overall total 1440 W of PoE power budget (using two power supplies)
- The EX4100-48T, which offers 48 x 1GbE non PoE-access ports
- The EX4100-48P, which offers 48 x 1GbE PoE+ access ports, delivering up to 30 W per port with an overall total 1440 W of PoE power budget (using two power supplies)
Each EX4100 model offers 4 x 1/10GbE small form-factor pluggable plus transceiver (SFP+) fixed uplink ports. The EX4100 switches include 4 x 10GbE/25GbE SFP28 ports to support Virtual Chassis connections, which can be reconfigured for use as Ethernet ports for uplink connectivity. EX4100 switches also include high availability (HA) features such as redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and field-replaceable fans to ensure maximum uptime. In addition, -24 port and -48 port Multi-Gigabit Ethernet EX4100 switch models offer standards-based 802.3af/at/bt (PoE/PoE+/PoE++) for delivering up to 90 watts on any access port. The EX4100 switches can be configured to deliver fast PoE capability, which enables the switches to deliver PoE power to connected PoE devices within a few seconds of power being applied to the switches.
Access Port Configuration 24-port
PoE Budget 1 PSU/2 PSU N/A
10GbE Ports 4
25GbE Ports 4
Power Supply Rating 150 W AC
Cooling AFO (front-to-back airflow)
Fixed 1 U access
find us at: